If you’re looking to grow as a digital marketing professional, we’d love for you to consider joining our team.
At Ascend, everything we do revolves around getting results for our customers. While some agencies get caught up in culture, office decor, etc., we remain committed to achieving our customers’ goals. Ultimately, this and nothing else will determine our success and growth.
Even if you don’t see an open position listed that appeals to you, please still get in touch. You never know when we’ll need you!
Director of Content
Ascend is a boutique digital marketing agency that primarily works with higher education institutions and workforce development agencies, connecting them with their audiences. We’re growing, and are seeking an experienced individual to create digital content and assist with digital strategy for our customers.
In this position, you’ll perform some or all of the following content activities for our customers:
- Developing proper messaging, calls to action, etc. for ads and landing pages
- Write blog posts
- Write short and long-form articles
- Create social media post content (Facebook, Instagram, LinkedIn, etc.)
- Write scripts for video
- Overseeing video production (but not performing), ensuring the content meets the needs of the customer/campaign
- Working with our creative team to create unique graphics that have proper messaging
You’ll work with our team to ensure all digital activities and campaign elements have the best possible content and messaging. From creating content to support campaigns (such as lead magnets or simply copy for landing pages), to optimizing content to increase conversion rates, you’ll be directly involved in the success of our customers’ campaigns.
Candidates must exhibit strong communication skills and have experience with these activities. This position is located at Ascend’s office in Liberty Park, Vestavia Hills. However, most of our employees are able to work from home one or more days per week.
We are seeking someone with a minimum of two years of experience in digital content and/or digital marketing—no exceptions. You don’t have to be experienced in all of the activities listed above, but certainly the majority of them.
We are considering both part and full-time employees. Let us know what kind of balance you’re looking for.
Compensation will be very competitive, but will depend on your level of experience.
Your application will be kept confidential, and your current employer will not be contacted unless you list them as a reference.
The Perfect Candidate…
- Must be experienced in digital marketing
- Must be highly motivated, and an excellent manager of time
- Must be a patient, caring personality that genuinely enjoys helping people
- Must be able to put the needs and goals of a customer above their own
- Must have a sincere interest in our industry and the technologies involved; always wanting to learn and improve
- Has experience with and working knowledge of SEO
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills
If you are selected for an interview, you will be asked for at least three references that can attest to your experience, character, work ethic, etc. in an unbiased manner. These references will be contacted.
Fall Intern (2018) - Digital Marketing
We are seeking a rising junior or senior (or master’s student) that is pursuing a career in digital marketing to join our team as an intern this fall. Our desire is to have a motivated, intelligent, and hardworking individual intern with us until graduation, at which point a position could be offered (a position isn’t guaranteed, but is possible). We are seeking a bright person who wants, and is willing, to work for an opportunity!
- Assist in client campaign management (setup, monitoring, and optimization)
- Assist with creative and copy
- Analyze campaign performance
- Prepare monthly reports for clients
- Potentially meet with clientsWeekly social media management for the Ascend social platforms
- A strong passion for digital marketing
- Demonstrates continual education in digital marketing
- Excellent writing and proofreading skills
- Ability to work independently without constant monitoring and management from Director of Digital Strategy
- Studies in a field related to marketing and/or digital marketing
- Understands and can utilize various digital marketing platforms (AdWords, Facebook/Instagram Power Editor and Ads Manager, LinkedIn Ads Manager, Choozle, Instapage, Google Analytics, etc.)
- Ability to read and analyze digital marketing campaign performance and reports
- At least two references from professors